The Niagara Falls Canada Hotel Association (NFCHA)
is the official Niagara Falls hotel industry voice responsible for championing the industry stakeholders’ collective interest and enhancing the sustainable and long-term profitability of its members.
NFCHA is currently seeking to fill the newly created Full-Time role of Executive Director
that will take the organization to the next level.
Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director’s mandate will be to increase the value of membership and promote Niagara Falls Canada as a tourist destination specifically relating to hotel stays. Reporting to the NFCHA Board Chairperson, this new role provides hands-on leadership and oversight to all functions of NFCHA.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Maintain a strong relationship with members and address member issues
- Provide hands-on management of all business aspects of the association, including direct oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and banking
- Sell membership to prospective hoteliers
- Liaise with city staff as required, (i.e. coordination of tax payments to the association; assist with tax collection information, etc.)
- Handle all requests from the board; and follow up on all tasks assigned
- Coordinate and participate in fund planning requests with agencies such as Niagara Falls Tourism and Winter Festival of Lights and administrate all requirements by the board relating to this funding
- Grow the value of membership to the association
- Be the official spokesperson for the association
- Facilitate the board’s requests regarding hotel industry advocacy issues
- As requested, liaise with all levels of government regarding issues affecting the members
- Articulate and brilliant communicator
- Comprehensive understanding of the hotel and tourism/hospitality industry
- Able to handle all administrative tasks directly
- Knowledgeable in non-profit organization management structures
- Collaborative, flexible, and independent
- Develop, implement, and drive membership growth strategies
- Possess proven leadership experience in a travel/tourism advocacy role
- Knowledgeable in board-driven organizations and governance
- Proven track record as a consensus builder coupled with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Hotel Association, DMO or BIA experience a definite asset
- Extensive knowledge of local, regional, national, and international tourism trends
- Solid financial acumen to attain organizational budgetary goals
Qualified candidates, please apply with resume and covering letter by 5pm on October 6th
, 2020. We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The recruitment process will be facilitated by Westridge HR, on behalf of NFCHA. All applicant inquires can be directed to email@example.com
NFCHA is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. NFCHA believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.