Are you an Epic Storyteller with an innate ability to create pitches that optimizes media angles domestically and internationally? If you are passionate about Niagara Tourism & Hospitality and ready to play a key role in its recovery, then you might be a great fit for this role.
, on behalf of Niagara Falls Tourism, is searching for a Public Relations Manager (full-time; based onsite) to develop, execute, and manage the Public Relations activities for the organization.
About Niagara Falls Tourism:
Niagara Falls, Ontario is an iconic global tourist destination that typically boasts 14 million visitors a year. Representing over 400 tourism-based businesses, Niagara Falls Tourism (NFT) operates as a non-profit organization and works across consumer and business channels to foster the growth of tourism throughout the City of Niagara Falls and surrounding areas.
More About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have experience in the travel/tourism industry and be an authentic P.R. Wizard who is creative, savvy, and results-driven. Super-hero level interpersonal and relationship-building skills are an absolute must, as this role will regularly coordinate with key partners and stakeholders.
Here’s what this new role will be responsible for:
We’d love to talk to you more about this opportunity if you have:
- Spawning & implementing measurable and engaging story ideas and content, including media pitches, blog posts, ad copy, press releases, etc. to support marketing initiatives; maintaining a consistent brand voice and content relevant to each medium and platform
- Creating and distributing media kits and maintaining online media hub with fresh content
- Developing and executing media and influencer visits, including creating itineraries, arranging travel, and hosting
- Actively monitoring media and incoming requests, and responding accordingly
- Analyzing and reporting on all media and communications activities, objectives, and accomplishments
Does this describe your Dream Job?
- 3+ years relevant industry experience liaising with the media, producing, and pitching stories, writing press releases, and delivering robust PR campaigns
- Degree in Marketing or Public Relations
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in Meltwater (an asset)
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy
- Superior speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced yet highly organized environment, follow through and re-prioritize to meet deadlines on multiple projects
if you would like to be considered for Niagara Falls Tourism’s new Public Relations Manager role. Please include resume and a cover letter that outlines why you believe you ARE
the leading candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
Niagara Falls Tourism is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Niagara Falls Tourism believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.